Have you been training for a while and are you looking for more challenge for your abs? Then we have prepared the best exercises for abs! By changing your exercises regularly, your muscles are stimulated so that they can develop further. Due to abdominal exercises, you unfortunately do not get a six pack. Curious about what you should do for that? View our blog: How do you get a Sixpack?
Why training your abs?
You use your abdominal muscles with almost every movement you make and they offer support to your back. That’s why these are super important muscles! If your abdominal muscles are too weak, then the back muscles in particular will compensate, giving you a chance of considerable injuries. Training a six -pack is just a side issue, because you need strong abdominal muscles for your health!
The abdominal muscles consist of four groups: transverse abdominal muscles, inner sloping abdominal muscle, outer sloping abdominal muscle and the straight abdominal muscle. If you want to train your abs optimally, you have to tackle all these groups!
Now that you know why you should train your abdominal muscles and how they are put together, you can lift your abdominal muscle training to a higher level. < /P>
Abdominal exercise #1: Russian twist
With the Russian twist you train the entire trunk, but with emphasis around the sloping abdominal muscles (iriques).
- Sit on the floor and lower your hull back. Bend your knees and put your heels on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell, medicine ball or kettlebell before your stomach.
- Lift your feet off the floor, keep your back straight and turn your trunk and weight to the left and rec hts.
Abdominal exercise #2: Side plank crunches
The Side Plank Crunch is a good insulation exercise to target your oblique abdominal muscles.
- Lie on your left side and put your left forearm flat on the round. Your elbow must be straight under your shoulder and stretch both legs.
- Your feet may be spread for better stability. If you put them together more, you can look up the challenge. Focus on your abs and lift your hips off the floor. Come up and hold 2 counts.
- Move back to the starting position and repeat the abdominal exercise Incover euw.
Abdominal exercise #3: v ups
one that really belongs in the abdominal muscles category for advanced students are the V ups. M et this exercise you train all the muscles in your core.
- Lie your back on a mat and extend your arms above you. Hold your feet together.
- Lift your legs and torso off the ground at the same time. Of course you do this with your abs. Keep your arms stretched, your core tense and your legs a little bent. Rich with your arms to your toes (you don’t necessarily have to touch it).
- let everything sink in a controlled way until you again in the starting position.
Abdominal exercise #4: cable crunch
This is a good exercise when you want to focus on the middle abdominal piers. You perform the Cable Crunch on a fitness station.
- Sit on your knees and keep the cable in your neck. Put your hips in a fixed position.
- Keep your spine a little crooked and pull your chest forward. Keep your abs.
- Move forward and go back checked again. Repeat this movement!
Abdominal exercise #5: Leg lifts
with leg lifts you train your transverse abdominal muscles. You can perform this exercise in several ways. By placing your hands under your ass you make it easier for your abs. Instead, you can also put your hands next to you and you will find that this challenges much more!
- Lie on your back and bring your legs stretched outwards . Lay your arms/hands next to you. This is the starting position.
- Now you lower the legs in a few seconds until your heels are a few centimeters above the ground.
- Movement checked back to the starting position. Repeat the exercise.
Abdominal exercise #6: in and out abs
- Buttocks on the ground. Place your hands quietly next to you and bend your knees.
- Lift your feet off the ground and stretch your legs. Also let your torso fall back until you are almost at the ground (but nothing is allowed to touch the ground).
- Come and now come up again in a controlled way and repeat the movement!